Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Dodger trip

I recently returned from beautiful Southern California from what is quickly becoming my annual So Cal/Dodger trip. I went to the game on Saturday night, putting my in-person six-game winning streak on the line.

I had the absolute privilege of watching Clayton Kershaw pitch, and pitch he did. Kershaw went seven innings, allowing two hits, one walk and 10 strikeouts. It was a flat-out dominant performance. It's too bad the offense didn't show up.

The game went to the 10th inning in a scoreless tie. Guillermo Mota, who has pitched so well for the last couple of months, gave up a two-run home run to Braves' 2B Kelly Johnson. The Dodgers tried to rally, getting an Andre Ethier RBI double in the bottom half, only to have Matt Kemp ground out to end the game, a 2-1 loss for the Dodgers. The Blue had plenty of chances, but just couldn't cash in.

Despite the loss, it was still a great experience. I absolutely love Dodger Stadium. I wish I could live there. It is traditional, the seats were great and the Dodger Dogs can't be beat.

The Dodgers are scuffling a bit recently, which was bound to happen. As long as they get back on track by October, it'll be OK.

Go Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment