Thursday, December 8, 2011

Peter Gammons smack-talks me on Twitter, life nearly complete

As a small-time blogger (for now), it doesn't get much better than this.

Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated (soon to be CBS Sports), tweeted the following:
"the are likely to nontender ryan theriot. Versatile player with good stick. May interest mets atl cin hou tor kc etc"
To which I tweeted:
"If you needed more proof the won that trade... RT @: the are likely to nontender ryan theriot..."
To which Hall of Fame baseball writer Peter Gammons replied:
"@ Cardinals did the world series, which Dodgers last did in the Reagsn Administration"
Holy. Balls.

I had to do a double-check to make sure it was Gammons (the typo kind of confirmed it). But I was tickled. And quite frankly, I'm not even sure how he found the tweet. But hey, he did, and now I'm famous*.

*- Not really

2 comments:

  1. That trade was a wash. Theriot helped Cards win a title and Dodgers still have Hawksworth to help out with a third place division title

    ReplyDelete