Sunday, September 30, 2012

My IBWAA voting just about done, join now to have your vote count

I'm hoping to be a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America someday. But until that time, I'm a member of Internet Baseball Writers Association of America -- and you should be, too.

It gives baseball writers out there a chance to do like the pros and vote on awards and possible Hall of Fame inductees. The professionals have made many mistakes in the past. However, I will applaud their forward-thinking in recent years.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my ballot before I send it off to Howard Cole. Cole is a former blogger at the Orange County Register, editor of Baseball Savvy and the founder of Cole on LA.

A big thanks goes out to him and everyone else involved in putting the IBWAA together and getting the new website up and running.

If you're a baseball writer and haven't joined yet, you should.

And to answer your question, I'm going with Mike Trout over Miguel Cabrera. It was the hardest decision on the ballot for me.

I'll post my full ballot after the voting results are tabulated.

Photo credit: Keith Allison, Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment