Friday, March 15, 2013

Video of Dodgers' shortstop prospect Corey Seager at spring training

Much to my surprise, Corey Seager made an appearance during Thursday's exhibition game against Meiji University.

The first thing I noticed was his size, which I touched on in my last post. He struck out looking in his first at-bat and I took video of his second at-bat.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any decent (free) video editing software, so this is completely uncut and raw.

Seager takes a vicious swing around the 1:30 mark. He knew Jared Massey and I were there, so he was trying to impress us with his swing. That has to be it.

Here's the video.



He's an impressive physical specimen -- a different kind of impressive than Yasiel Puig (who absolutely dominated a baseball game tonight for five innings, which I'll write about on Saturday).

The Dodgers may have very well picked a winner here. I'm looking forward to following his progression through the minor leagues.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the vid. Great to see Seager at bat. If you're running a windows laptop, take a look at virtualdub (http://www.virtualdub.org) it's not fancy and a bit on the technical side but it does an excellent job and is free.

    Also, could you get some footage of Mat Magill? I know he's on the minor league side of camp now but would love to see some footage of him pitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dustin, check the editors in this article: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-video-editor.htm

    IMHO this site provides the best reviews of free software.

    ReplyDelete